Tuesday, April 17, 2007

This and that

Not a lot to talk about, just a bit of this and that.

Good news is that our girl over at 'life or something like it' is back, boy haven't we all missed her!! And our mate Cappy is out of hospital, after worrying us all on his disappearance, and any one who is faint hearted just DO NOT go and look at the photos, man how he has coped with that I just do not know, lets hope that he is soon on the mend.

Have just booked a classic flight for me and himself, we will be flying in a vintage eight seat de Havilland Rapide bi-plane from Sheffield Airport, the flight will follow the route of the World War II Dambuster runs, when Lancaster bombers practised dropping the bouncing bombs over the Derwent and Ladybower reservoirs. How cool is that! This is a photo of the plane we will be flying in!


I enjoy reading, have done since I was a nipper, always take a book to bed with me, it helps me unwind and relax clearing the mind of the days happenings. Tend to read family sagas, you know Catherine Cookson, Margret Thornton, Elizabeth Waite and biography's etc.

Well Kell - 'tis herself', did a book review of 'Tell No One' by Harlan Coben, the book sounded really good so off I went to the local library to get me a copy. Couldn't get it but did get 'Just One Look' also by Harlan Coben. What a great read, it is something that I just wouldn't have thought about so thanks Kell.

Trouble is as I said I read in bed, usually for about an hour or so, but this book was just gripping I couldn't put it down, I was still awake and reading at 2 o'clock and I have to get up at 5!!! Well the book is finished and I will be going back to get some more of his books, might not read them in bed though!!!!
Oh and I have passed the 100 mark, and I don't feel a day older than 99, this is my 101 post!
That's all of this and that for now!




17 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

Chocs away! I can just picture you with your flying scarf and goggles! LoL! That is a cool looking plane. Have fun.

I'm also an avid reader though I have been too tired to read in bed lately. Though I am compiling my holiday reading list...can't wait! Happy 100! :)

Anonymous said...

Funny, you don't look 100! Happy 101 to you...

I try to read in bed, but usually fall asleep with my glasses on and the book in my hand. Ugh.

Pamela said...

Happy 100th plus 1 post!!

That trip in the old plane is going to be fantastic. Pictures pictures pictures !!!!!

I get that way with books, too. But currently I'm that way with blogs

Jay said...

I'm sure that plane ride is going to be fun. But, I'm not sure I could make myself get on that thing. I'm not a big fan of flying or heights.

me said...

they did use ladybower etc, but you may find it was Howden reservoir that they practiced over mainly, being as it had a more suitable layout in relation to the ones in the rhur valley. and sir barnse wallis preffered Nant-y-Gro dam in wales for his tests on the actual bouncing bombs..
this is stuff that you learn when you have a dad that was in the raf and is obsessed with the dambusters.
and thanks for the concern. coming along well.

CindyDianne said...

It really looks like a blast! I miss flying since I broke myself of the masochistic tendancy to date pilots!

Heidi the Hick said...

cool plane! That'll be an amazing experience!

Biddie said...

It feels great to be back.
I haven't been over to Cappy's site yet....I know what awaits me there.
Another adventure for you and Himself. Good for you. It sounds like fun, although a small plane? Yikes. That's too adeventurous for me.
I am normally an avid reader, but with my brain being largely unmedicated, I can't concentrate enough to finish a book. I have about 8 here waiting for me to pick them up.

FOUR DINNERS said...

tell me you're goin' wing walkin'. dare yer!!! Have a great time n happy 101 babe x

katy said...

yes it sure will be a fun day out an four dinners i would love to go wing walking wonder if they will let me!

ldbug said...

Congrats on the past 100 post mark:-)

I do that reading thing too, if a book is gripping, I'll be up all night!

dilling said...

wowzers...i wanna come with!

Kell said...

I think I'll pick up another Coben book when I finish The Eyre Affair. I wish I was a faster reader; there are too many I want to read.

My hubby would love, love, love the trip you are going on. I would too, but he would really love, love, love it.

rauf said...

i am a very slow reader

me said...

guess who's back a week on monday?

katy said...

cappy i guess that would be you!

Aunt Jackie said...

HOOORAYYY!!! You Rock! Happy 100!