Friday, May 04, 2007

I Finally Done It

Yes I have finally done it, what you done I hear you say! I have successfully installed wireless networking on my laptop/notebook, they are the same but some call it a laptop and some a notebook, at least I think that's all that is different.

I ordered a wireless router and the instructions says, easy to install, installs in five minutes! Well it may be easy to install if you are computer literate but not when you are 46 and not very good with such things. Gosh did I just tell you all that I am 46, well disreguard that!!!! Oh well go one then I admit it I am 46!!!!

It has taken me two attempts to install the wireless router onto both the desktop and the laptop and the hours I put in are unmentionable!!!

Then because the laptop has not been connected to the Internet for months I had to install windows updates by the hundred! Not only that I also needed to install Windows Service Pack 2, which in turn crashed the Laptop, I had to phone for help and restore factory settings, so it was back to square one!

I am pleased to say that I eventually got the laptop working, and that a very nice man is going to install the WSP 2 onto it for me!!!

So soon I will be able to sit downstairs, watching tv and blog at the same time.

Mr Milo is doing really well he has finished his anti-biotics and has his stitches out on Tuesday, so its out with the stitches for milo and in with the stitches for Himself!!

Himself has to have a small operation on a couple of toes! They have to take off a few lumps and they also want to fuse his joints and cut his tendons, that is what is supposed to be happening. What they don't know is that Himself does not want all this to be done, he says that they can remove the lumps and that is all!!! So watch this space for updates after Tuesday!!!

Right then I am off to phone a man who can get my laptop installed with the bits and pieces that it needs.

Bye for now x

10 comments:

Jay said...

Going wireless was greatest thing EVER. I can sit here in my comfy chair and watch tv while playing on the computer. And I can take my iBook with me when I go places. Some places charge for wireless, but there are enough places that have it for free that it works out pretty good.

Hope the surgery goes good for Himself!

Aunt Jackie said...

How did we ever live without this Internet!!! Wireless Rocks!

Glad for you, and take care of yourself and himself and have a rocking weekend!! AJ

rauf said...

Now you can post your blogs from the toilet HER INDOORS

i have to type, please believe me
vmhmchmkchk

Michael Colvin said...

Well done with your wireless escapades! Do you want to come and work on my team?

katy said...

Jay - don't think i will be going out and about with the wireless, just want it so i can use it whilst himself is on the desk top.
Aunt Jackie - internet was on of the best things ever to be invented.
Rauf - must remember not to use a web cam if i go on line whilst on the toilet!!! taht was some word verification LOL.
Tod - if only you knew how many hours it took me, you would have sacked me!!!

Anonymous said...

Way to go. This would not be my cup of tea at all. I'm pretty good at the frustrated end, but not at the fix it end.

I'm thinking good thought for Himself!

Anonymous said...

well done see its easy when you know how.

Kell said...

Being wireless is awesome. I'm so spoiled. My hubby's laptop went out and he's using mine. I almost get shaky from withdrawls!

me said...

well done you. we can all sit outside your house now and use your server!
result!
see you at 5:45 this week!

katy said...

gawilli - no i am not usually any good at the fix it part either!
jo - you know me full of patience LOL
kell - oh no tell him to bring it back right NOW!
cappy - you staying that late!!!!