Saturday, January 19, 2008

My Survivor Needs Meme

I’ve been tagged for a meme by Rising Rainbow.

Rules of the “Survivor Needs” Meme:

Please link back to the originating meme at Survivors Can Thrive , so people can see its origins, get ideas for their own self-care list, see who’s already been tagged, and maybe we can track how far this meme goes.

List 25 needs and 5 wants. Try to restrict your needs list to things that have to do with being a survivor of some sort of abuse, assault, etc. Your list can be anything…you want! Use this list to remind yourself to get your needs met this New Year.

Pass on this meme and tag five people to play this meme with you.

    I need:
  1. to stop opening up the past
  2. to like and love me
  3. to speak my mind
  4. to sleep ALL night
  5. to trust myself
  6. to stop comfort eating
  7. to stop saying it is OK when it isn't
  8. to stop wishing for the impossible
  9. to show my feelings
  10. to stop pretending I am happy all the time
  11. lots of love and hugs
  12. to see my son and grandson more
  13. to take up a hobby
  14. to start to socialise
  15. to feel wanted
  16. to be able to say NO
  17. to take more care of myself
  18. to feel safe in crowds
  19. to spend more time with my friends
  20. to listen and take heed of good advice
  21. to stop feeling that I am being watched
  22. to feel that strangers aren't talking about me
  23. to widen my comfort zone
  24. to look after me
  25. to have my man and my dog by me always

I Want:

  1. to stop cruelty to all humans and animals in the world.
  2. for everyone to feel safe and loved
  3. to eat less
  4. to be me
  5. to have no money worries

I need to pass this on to 5 people, some of the people who I would like to ask to take part do not blog, but I will ask them to do this - so I ask Biddie, Marmitey, Elizabeth, Trish, SH and SB.

23 comments:

Rising Rainbow said...

Katy, thanks for doing this. You and Kahless were quick. It took me weeks to get mine done.LOL

You have some great things on your list. I always seem to see stuff on other's lists that I think I should have on mine. But I guess if it's changing all that time, that's easy enough to fix. LOL

It will be interesting to watch where it goes from here. I think that Marj is tracking them all.

Beccy said...

Great list, I hope you do get your needs met this year.

Marla said...

Of course I don't want you to remove your header photo! It has grown on me and I am kinda falling in love with the little elf baby. What is the babies name? Is that your husband when he was a baby?;) You know I am just kidding you!

Love the list!!!!!! I would love the no money worries part. Ugh. I can't even imagine not having to worry about money.

Jay said...

"to stop feeling that I am being watched"

Oh sorry! I didn't realize you could sense me being there like that. I'll get a better set of binoculars so I can stay further back. LOL ;-)

Kahless said...

I did my list last night and I always have a few on a friday night, so I see your list and think... I need that too!
Great List Katy and I think people watch me too!

MarmiteToasty said...

Wow.... great list.......

I'll have to sleep on it and have a think..... I dont really have many needs and even fewer wants LOL....

But I promise to have a think and get back to ya....

And I dont know what Im supposed to of survived :) never looked at meself as a surviver, just always looked at meself as having drawn the short straw, but then short straws have just great sucking power :) lol

x

Coffeypot said...

I know how you feel with #22. I can't even go to an American (true and real) football game. Everytime the team goes into a huddle I think they are talking about me.

Jay said...

whoa that baby is creepy! you may have lightened up my day, but now my night is pretty much screwed!

Real Live Lesbian said...

Bumps into someone. Oh Jay...what are YOU doing here?

Great list!

Start saying NO! It's very empowering!

Biddie said...

That was a great list, Kate! I think that #24 should have been closer to the top, though :)

Pamela said...

my first visit since you changed your header. It just fits you. It just does!!

Made me smile.

Oh.. and.. um... I'm watching you!

DJ Kirkby said...

You were brave doing this meme. Kahless has tagged me and i iwll try to do it for next lazy Sunday. I have done and posted your tag today.

Casdok said...

An interesting meme and a great list!

Anonymous said...

This is a very thoughtful list. I can seem myself in many of these. Wouldn't it be great if everyone felt safe and loved? We can only hope.

DJ Kirkby said...

Come on over to my party...bring some friends if you want!

katy said...

RR - thanks for the tag, I think we will always be changing our needs.

beccy - I am working on them!

marla - glad you are getting used to little me!!!!

jay - so its YOU is it lol!!!

katy said...

kahless - glad I am not alone on that one, people who have been lucky enough not to suffer with depression sometimes dont understand how it feels.

marmite - no worries at all if you dont want to do this, it is totally up to you and how you feel ok?

katy said...

coffeypot - they probaly are you know!!! and its not real FOOTBALL you watch LOL

jay cam - thats me as a baby you know LOL!!!! sleep tight!

RLL - NO NO NO NO NO ok i will keep at it!

katy said...

biddie - you are right about that but i just typed and really didn't think about the numbers, glad you did the list too x

pamela - thank you for spotting the likeness LOL

dj - it is really theraputic you know

katy said...

casdok - it is surprised how helpful it was to do the list.

gawilli - that sure would be wonderful, and with no suffering anywhere in the World

katy said...

dj - YOU STARTED ALREADY!!!!

Marj aka Thriver said...

Thanks for playing this meme with us...and for tagging others to play. I've read lots of these now and your list still has some "Oh, I wish I had thought of that one" items on it.

BTW, I always feel like I'm being watched, too. I'm glad you had the courage to include that one.

Great work and great list!

jAMiE said...

I enjoyed that, thank you for sharing!