Thursday, January 25, 2007

And There's More Photos!



The Berber Village of Matmata, the house's are dug out of the rock to escape the intense daytime heat, the rooms maintain an even temperature of 17C/63F throughout the year.
the kitchen


a bedroom


the store room with the rope for access
below is a Berber woman making bread, which we tasted and it was very nice

the 'bathroom'

the 'lounge'

it was truly amazing seeing these people and how they live, if i hadn't seen it for myslef i just would not have beleived that people choose to live in these 'caves', they were spotless and the people were very clean, it makes me appreciated all my home comforts!

a photo of an old village, the mosque is facing the wrong way!
cant remember where this one was taken but it sure is pretty!

and of course the Sahara Dessert!
Well thats your second batch of photos hope i am not boring you, i only have one more to post of photos to come and thats of Matmata, the area where Star Wars was filmed, and the hotel that they filmed in, which is also a Berber Cave, and the Atlas mountains


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

brilliant pics babe - but I wouldn't fancy gettin' caught short around there. Did any of 'em say Yabadabadoo? just a thought. humour me I don't have many

Betty said...

Wonderful photos. I'm really enjoying them. And, no, you're not boring me a bit.

katy said...

drunk punk - ha ha that is funny!
betty - so glad i not boring you yet!

Jay said...

Certainly not boring me at all! I love these photos. It's a fascinating place.

Michael Colvin said...

Great pictures! I love the Sahara one. Err...the pic of the bathroom. Is that fake plops floating in that bowl?

Coffeypot said...

Nice bathroom! Where’s the shower, under the waterfall? BTW, is it just me or does the waterfall look kind of feminine? I see the weirdest things in simple photos sometimes.

katy said...

jay - it is a fascinating place their way off life is so different to ours.

tod - lol, that would be the sponges in their bath!

coffeepot - you sure do see the weirest thing lol

ldbug said...

Not boring at all. The 'caves' look a lot like Anastazi homes, (Pueblo).

I appreciate flushing toilets, hot showers and comfy couches on a daily basis...

Heidi the Hick said...

Those caves are amazingly clean and bright! Must be a cheap way to live. I like the patterns in their fabrics too.

That last pic of the Sahara kind of looks like snow with palm trees.

rauf said...

Can't believe they are caves HER INDOORS, yes yes it is Her indoors, I mean the lady making bread, Star wars was shot here ? Love to see the movie again after seeing your pictures. This world is such a wonderful place. People have the will to survive anywhere and they find happiness there how ever hostile the surroundings may be. Thank you for taking us there HER INDOORS. Clicked on all the pictures and enjoyed the full screen view.

rauf said...

some pictures are not big. Wished they were.