Thursday, January 25, 2007

the Last Lot I Promise!

the following photos are of Matmata, the area where Star Wars was filmed

this is now a hotel, yes it is a Berber Cave and it is where they filmed Star Wars
i am not a fan but for those of you who are i hope you recognise some of the photos from the film

the bar


oops this one made it twice sorry!
the last photos are off the Atlas Mountains



well i promise thats your lot! hope you enjoyed coming with me to Tunisia!
next holiday will be somewhere completely different!



16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I like to exchange blog link with you

If agreeable , pls add a link to my blog

I'll reciprocate

RL
stamfordraffles@gmail.com

katy said...

hi RL thanks for dropping by i have added you to my links

Michael Colvin said...

WoW! I would love to visit the Star Wars village...saddo that I am. I'm a bit disappointed there's no photo of you in a white gown with buns stuck to your head tho!

Biddie said...

I'm with Tod on this one. I would love to visit the Star Wars village. Great photos. Looks like a wonderful time away.

Anonymous said...

And I thought my river was good.
Jealous. lol.
That place looks amazing.

Anonymous said...

I probably need to go back several posts to find the answers to these questions, but I'll ask it anyway.
Have you been to Tunisia before? It's not a place I've ever thought about visiting but looks so interesting. What motivated you to go there? How long were you there?
OK, now that I've asked those, I go looking for the post that probably explains it all.

katy said...

life - it was a great holiday action packed but fun.
tod - white gown and buns? is that a star war thing?
kate - it was amazing their way of live is just so different to ours.
swampwitch - no never been there before, we like to go to different places, it was a last minute deal and we went just because we not been there before. and we had 7 days there

Aunt Jackie said...

All of these photos were a real treat! Beautiful...make me wanna go!
AuntieJ

gawilli said...

Very cool pictures. The Berber Caves are very interesting. I have wondered what it would be like to visit Tunisia. Their tourism bureau sends packets to our schools yearly, which I always found interesting. I doubt that I will ever have the occasion to visit. Thanks for sharing.

elizabeth said...

Great pictures! Welcome back!

Heidi the Hick said...

I love the sky! It's almost periwinkle blue and lavendar. Beautiful!

Michael Colvin said...

You really don't know Star Wars do you? How can this be? It's fantastic!

For white gown and buns, think Princess Leia!

dilling said...

fantastic...i am so glad you remembered your camera.
was mr. milo happy to see you home?

Anonymous said...

wonder if Jedi Knight's 'll go there on a pilgimage like the mecca thing?

DJ Andi said...

Very cool. I love to travel. Don't get to near enough these days, but love to see the pictures even if I don't get to go.

Tink said...

Had you just SAID you'd visited the Star Wars village instead of having pictures to prove it... I might not have believed you. That is too cool. Great vacation!