My Forgetter
My forgetter's getting better,
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke
For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there"
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!
Oft times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.
At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!
When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "Who was that?"
Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.
But my rememberer is broke
To you that may seem funny
But, to me, that is no joke
For when I'm "here" I'm wondering
If I really should be "there"
And, when I try to think it through,
I haven't got a prayer!
Oft times I walk into a room,
Say "what am I here for?"
I wrack my brain, but all in vain!
A zero, is my score.
At times I put something away
Where it is safe, but, gee!
The person it is safest from
Is, generally, me!
When shopping I may see someone,
Say "Hi" and have a chat,
Then, when the person walks away
I ask myself, "Who was that?"
Yes, my forgetter's getting better
While my rememberer is broke,
And it's driving me plumb crazy
And that isn't any joke.
I posted this some time back, but on a recent post over at Hick Chic it just brought it to mind, so Heidi this is for you and the rest of us who have this forgetter problem!!So this is my list for today!


32 comments:
That's basically all any of us can do each day. Maybe eat too, but I guess that's part of surviving. LOL
Ha I see you know me well!!
I came over to tell you something, but I forgot what it was. But, while I'm here, I just say...
um-m-m, um-m-m, oh, yeah...Blogger has done it now. What happened to "other" so that I could sign in and link back to my current blog:
http://anecdotes.typepad.com ?
Very thought-provoking, but don't forget between 1. and 2. to smell the roses as well.
That's the difference between living and existing.
Have fun ....
Sounds like my daily list!
Boy, I was going to post something, but I forgot.
Great poem.
http://nekkedlizardadventures.typepad.com
Your list is great! I'll follow it too.
{{{Hugs}}}
You list looks like mine.
The weird thing is that I remember everything about 2 in the morning.
Lol, looks very similar to my list except mine also has 'try not to be so honest with everyone' on it!
I will send that poem to my mum!! Excellent!
lol that funny!
but i forgetter who you are again...
; )
I make lists then go back over them and cut things out....
You could well shorten your list LOL
Just dont get out of bed at all LOL.....
x
jay - i can eat and eat and eat lol
chrisb - isn't it so true!
swampy - you asking the wrong girl here, i know as much about computers as you do!
david - there is a lot of good things in life, i embrace them all as we all should, thanks
marla - they are the most improtant to do arent they?!
NLL - glad you found your way over here, hope you enjoy
kahless - thank you
dj andi - got to be done huh!
pamela - how true is that and how annoying it is too!
dj kirkby - nothing wrong with being honest even if it means upsetting some people
casdok - LOL she will know exactly what it feels like too, i know i do!
jay cam - ha ha i forget who i am sometimes too
marmite - yep do that sometimes lol
My list for today would be the same except that I would have to add "Go To Waffle House" either after “get up” or before “go back to bed.” I think. What were we talking about?
Delightful post! I love the poem, and so can relate to the sentiment! Hope you don't mind if I forward it to my sisters.
TM
Hi Katy
The game works, you just have ot click on it and then wait until the apple appears.
hee hee hee!
Which post inspired you? I forget how many times I've written about being forgetful lately!!!!
Thank you Katy, for the nice comment on my blog today!
Give a kiss to Mr. Milo!
Got here from David's blog.
Uh, need to ask if you have a video camera in my home? If not, then how did you manage to describe me so well?
Funny post. Thanks.
Hi, Kate :) There is an award waiting for you over at my place.
I am here too via David's blog...great poem. Wonder if you have any on "Patience"£ Boy could I do with one right now! Anyway hello friom just up the M1, Whitby!
Love to chat and will do later, but right now, back to DIY!
Denise
x
It's a great plan! I plan on doing everything on the list by the end of the day.
Hi Katy, did you write the poem
"My Forgetter"?? I keep a file of poetry that I like and as I have this one in it (Via email) I try to acknowledge the author when I can.
coffeypot - hope you get dressed before going to the Waffle House!
ornery's wife - welcome, please forward away, it wasn't written by me just sent to me
dj - been back and played ta
heidi - the latest one then lol!
sonia - you are very welcome, and consider Mr Milo kissed!
catmoves - thanks for stopping by, and i think so many of us can relate to this one!
biddie - oh thank you will call over soon x
mrsnesbit - hello, love Whitiby, have fun with your DIY.
corky - go for it boy!
peter - sorry i can't take credit for this, like you it was sent to me via e-mail
Love the things to do list! That's been my week!
a recent MAXINE comment on winter light:
"If It got dark any earlier we wouldn't have to get up at all"
RLL - think its the winter months huh?!
Pamela - and that is so true!
Post a Comment