Nomophobia
Himself came across an article in the local evening paper the other night, NONOPHOBIA, what the hell is that, he said it is what I am suffering from, me suffering, what the hell are you on about!
Well apparently Nonophobia is a new phobia for high pressure 21st century living............the fear of being without your mobile phone, it affects around 13 million Britons, all of whom see stress levels soar when they leave their mobile phone at home by mistake and panic because they might be missing something!
Well excuse me I didn't leave my phone at home, I took it with me, it was just too scared to fly and instead of telling me it decided to jump out of my pocket and stay at the airport!!!
I am suffering from stress due to the on going holiday insurance claim sorting out me mobile, so, so slow, the forms I had to fill in were a laugh!
They wanted to know the company that insured me, er that would be the same company I am putting in a claim with der!
Proof that I had paid for the said insurance, er wouldn't be insured if I didn't pay der!
Proof of my holiday tickets, er just had it and got back how can I show you my tickets der!
Oh well hope they stop pratting about and get me a new phone cause in the meantime not only am I paying a monthly contract on a service I can't use I am also suffering from NOMOPHOBIA, mind you think my mates are enjoying the peace and quite!!!!


22 comments:
First!
That is all. I'll phone you! x
john - not funny............ LOL!
I lost my phone on the first day on my holiday in portugal 4 years ago, in a shopping centre trying to buy some clothes because my luggage had been lost by the airline.
Nightmare!
So I know how you feel!!
I assume you are still in contract otherwise you'd just get a new contract?
I think you should name and shame the insurer (as long as it is not my employer lol!)
kahless - would just hate for that nightmare of lost luggage! yes still on contract! insurers RAC!
I think I read a similar article in the daily mail and they were discussing it on the radio. I'm not too worried about my phone it's so old and I hardly ever use it, but if it were my computer now that's a different ball game~ I would probably go into a deep depression!
Insurance companies annoy me. Ring them back and yell, "Do the frikkin job I paid you to do!"
If I had a cell phone I would probably be obsessed with it. ;-)
So that's why some guy with speaking in Spanish answered when I called. Anyway, I ordered a dozen tacos before I hung up.
I think most people in the civilized world would be classified as having this "condition"
My phone broke last year and I was unreachable for about 8 hours...the girl I was dating thought I had ditched her and I missed like 4 catastrophe's at work.
How very frustrating for you. Hope you get it sorted.
I couldn't imagine life without a mobile to send texts with! You are scaring me, stop talking about it please, I am very susceptible y'ano..probably have nightmares now...
is it doublenomophobia if like me you have two?
I'm addicted to texting ..
my phone is always in my hand..
i'm getting a cold sweat just reading this.
oh it's frightening just thinking about losing my phone, or dropping it in a bucket of water. Just frightening
Say NO to contract phones :) - my lads all have well nice phones, me, well I only have a bog standard one, thats all I need :) BUT I couldnt live without it lol
x
I could care about my phone it feels more like a leash to me than something helpful. It only seems to ring when I am right in the middle of something with one of the horses and, of course, the horse is being naughty. So I could loose my phone just fine. lol
However, I'd be not happy about the insurance screwing around with replacing it. What kind of crap is that?
I washed mine once and also dropped it in the toilet, my insurance replaced it immediately both times. Of course they wanted the dead ones back which only makes me go "eeeewwwwwwwww!" because of where the one phone landed. lol
I hope you get your phone replaced soon!
No wonder why you haven't been returning my calls... And all this time I thought it was because of my heavy breathing. ;)
I freak too when I don't have my i phone with me. I am totally addicted to it. In fact, I love it. Terrible, I know.
I hope you get a new phone fast!
Good luck with a speedy new phone to quell the phobia! How did we ever live without them?
Here in Nashville everyone, and I mean EVERYONE has a cellphone stuck to their ear. It's funny. They sit across from each other at the table in restaurants and talk on their phones. That would be an epidemic here.
I would take my phone with me, but the cord isn't long enough to reach to the grocery store.
I saw that article in the news. So far I've escaped the infection -- I never turn the thing on unless I want to call someone. Heck, we have a home phone and work phones -- people know how to get in touch I think.
I put my phone through the wash cycle and it still worked --
Post a Comment