Friday, December 15, 2006

27 years

today is my 27th wedding annerversary
we met on the 6th April 1979 in a night club, Trade of Jacks, in Blackpool
i was a sweet 18 an he was 31!
his boss said it would only last 6 months! never liked him anyway but how wrong was he!

this is one of our bridesmaids
and this is me with my mum, how i wish she was still with us now, miss ya girl x
well 27 years of marrage, there has been good and bad, but we all have them, the main thing is we still love each other and we are still in love with each other.



25 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Congratulations on 27 years. On Dec. 31 I’ll have 28 years. But it took two ladies to reach it. Fifteen with Patches and thirteen with Sweet Tea. And fifteen between! Glad you made it though. Sounds like you got a good man.

SkippyMom said...

Happy, HAPPY Anniversary! I love the pics, so lovely and so in love! I must say older guys rock! SkippyHusband is 10 years older and I wouldn't have it any other way! 'Tis dreamy.

Congrats and I hope you have/had a great day!

Hugs

Doughnut said...

Congrats! Very lovely pics and I wish you and your husband another 27 years together. I am told that marriage is much easier in the latter third, but really hasn't it been a blast all along? Yeah there are the potholes, but without those we wouldn't know how good a smooth highway would feel. Have a great anniversary day!

Anonymous said...

Way to go T on putting up with her so long how the eck did you do it you will have to tell me someday!!
No seriously way to go congrats and I can't wait to see you both next week I am so exited!!!

Michael Colvin said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! 27 years is a real achievement. I like your pics too!

dilling said...

Happy Anniversary!!!
27 Years! HOLY COW!!! That's a real investment.
Wishing you 27 more!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations and Best Wishes for another 27 years. I love looking at "old" pictures. Not that you're old, but that the pictures are. BTW, I am taking gifts to our vet today for the "angel-dogs" and "angel-cats" hanging on their tree.
The cards read:
From Her Indoors...Swampwitch's Blogger Friend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!! That's amazing and wonderful. I've been married 17 years and I thought that was a long time. And I loved the photos, thank you for sharing them with us.

Kell

katy said...

thanks to you all
swampwitch thats lovely thank you

me said...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
sorry, no one more..HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
thats me done.
love the post, but those pics...
might print some off and secrete em round work!
no, heres some more..HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.
thats it!

Shauna said...

CONGRATULATIONS! ! ! Isn't it fun to prove people wrong? :)

Here's to another 27 +! ! !

katy said...

cappy so glad i made you laugh!!!!!!!!! and dont you bloody dare!!!!!!!!!
shauna it sure is thank you

Anonymous said...

aunty kate, i am much better and my poops are a bit better,my shaved bit is still a little embarrasin but hey thers only 7 days in a bad haircut. my mummy has given me sum rice and chicken and I have been on a little walk today... will u tell mr milo he can relax when he cums for xmas cos my mummies have bought me a penthouse black metal house with a soft pink duvet and all my toys init...they tell me its to stop been naughty when they are out but whats wrong with nibbling a bit of carpet and pooping in the wrong place!!!!!!!! who wants to poop on newspaper when theres a lovely soft carpet to do it on...humans have no idea!!guess I have no choice but I wont go in it qietly!! "one up all up"! congrats on anniversary but my mummy said she would rather do time whatever that means...woof woof 4 now.xx

katy said...

hey molly glad your feeling better, can't beleive you have learnt to type an you so young! mr milo just gave a big sigh of releive!

TotalChaos said...

Happy 27th Anniversary, not a whole lot of people reach that anymore. We celebrated our 28th in Sept. I waited till I was 32. There are hard times and good times, but the good times always win out.

fancy-face said...

HAPPY ANIVERSARY...MERRY XMAS AND A HAPPY SAFE NEW TEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY....

ldbug said...

Congratulations!!!!!! I like your dress:-)

I hope it's been a good 27, no a GREAT 27 years together!

Biddie said...

YAY! Happy Anniversary! 27 years is quite the testament to your love. Best wishes for another 27!

Jay said...

Congrats on 27 years! That's awesome!

Pamela said...

congratulations.
Keep up the hard work
(we all know it is - but worth it)

Marni said...

Congrats on 27 years! That is wonderful!

CindyDianne said...

Happy Belated Anniversary! Here to hoping you had a WONDERFUL weekend!

gawilli said...

Pretty neat story in those pictures! Happy Anniversary and many more to come! Guess you showed him!

Helen said...

I just realised that you live near me. Well, not that close, but I have just realised that you are the first blogger I have come across who lives the nearest to me. Anyway...

Aunt Jackie said...

Ohhh Happy Anniversary!! I am always glad to hear stories like that... The 28th is my 5th anniversary... so far so good (I Think) but i'm always afraid the bottom is going to drop out-I am excessively paranoid sometimes... :)

Merry Christmas too!!