No Weirdest Job!!
I have been tagged by Todd for the weirdest job! It started with Biddie at Life, or something like it man if you haven’t read it do so now! Then she tagged Tod over at The Bridge of Cows, you really need to go and read his weirdest job! And they expect me to be able to compete with them, well no way can I!
I have sat and gone back through all my jobs since leaving school so many years ago, 29 years ago god I feel so old now thanks! I just have not had a weird job!
So if you want to leave now that’s fine by me as this might get a wee bit boring!
My first job on leaving school was working for an ice cream company in Blackpool called Pablo’s, they had an ice cream shop opposite South Pier and an ice cream factory in the town where they made the ice cream. Me and a friend, Jayne, had to test the new flavours they made, yeah it was pretty cool at first, but then after tasting up to five different flavours a day it got rather sickly, especially when you didn’t know what you were tasting it could be anything, and you had to tell them what it tasted off, one of the worst had to be tea flavoured ice cream, I mean if you want a cup of tea you have a cup of tea not a sodding ice cream that has a hint of tea in it an how the hell can you dunk your biscuits in that!
I worked at Burtons Biscuits, yes Todd the same place that made Wagon Wheels and yep the original Wagon Wheels, my job there was to take the mishap biscuits off the conveyor belt, so if you ever had a packet of biscuits that were mishaped I apologise now!
Those who know me know I don’t like cooking! So it will come as a shock to know that I once did the cooking at a Blackpool night club. Just chips, chicken in the basket, scampi, burgers easy stuff. Well I walked out of that job because they wanted me to cook and serve the food after the freezers had broke and all the goods had defrosted and then been re-frozen, they couldn’t see the problem as most of the punters would be drunk anyway! And you know I have been racking my brains out to remember what that place was called and I just can’t all I know was it was opposite the cenotaph.
I held three jobs once, bar work at the Grapes then onto Blackpool Tower Circus, no behave yourself I wasn’t a clown, well not an offical one! I worked in the booking office, and then finished off behind the bar at Dixieland Bar on central pier.
Boring old office work, mind you a bit strange that I worked for two double glazing companies both went bankrupt mmm sorry North West Windows and Globe Home Improvements it wasn’t my fault honest!
Well I did warn you it was boring! I have worked with children at a play group, done shop work,bar work, factory work and not one weird job!!
My job title now is a P.I. bet that has got you all excited! Well lets see who can really guess what that stands for!
So I am sorry to disappoint you all in not being able to tell of a weird job!
Ok then who shall we tag! I tag Dilling

13 comments:
Private Investigator?
Personal Interpreter?
Petty Interrogater?
Pretty Interlocutor?
Prissy Interloper?
I give up...what does P.I. stand for?
I am with you on not having a wierd job. I have had bad jobs that didn't pay much, but nothing really wierd about that.
You have aroused my curiosity with P.I.
paranormal investigator?
payload integrator?
property inspector?
problem investigator?
Personally, I think that ice cream taster is a weird job. How many people can say that they've done that? For money?
I have not a clue as to what P.I. stands for....Something in the insurance buisiness?
I'm with Life on this, ice cream taster has got to be a pretty weird job in my opinion. :) Didn't it make you feel ill after a while? I LOVE chocolate but I don't think I could eat it for a living. Well..actually...maybe I could!
Pancake Injector
Parcel Inspector
Pet Interpreter
Popeye Impersonator
i know
i know
i know.
but i aint telling!
some ggod suggestions for PI yeah i know you know cappy lets leave them guessing for a while eh!
I aggree with life and tod, ice cream taster is a pretty weird job!
I always thought a PI was a private investigator. Wow, I just can't imagine what else it could be!
pomegranate inspector~ professional inkblotter~
I am working on my tag but really, honestly, I have had some totally "not weird" jobs...some of the people I have worked for or with? Definitely weird, but the jobs? not so much. I will try.
I haven't had any weird jobs either. But, I have worked for two companies now shut down and I interviewed at two companies that shut down not long after my interview. So, I'm kind of a company killer! haha
PI?
Panty Inspector?
Parachute Inspector?
Principal Investor?
Pharmacutical Inpector?
Heh, panty inspector, that's a good one!
When are you going to tell us? Ohhhh the anticipation! ;-)
Hmmmm, yeah I guess I haven't had anything classified as 'weird' myself... oh drat!
Come on Her Indoors! You've kept us guessing for long enough! I must know before I go away for the weekend. What's a PI?
oooooooo.i know2,
i did it 2.............yey
Post a Comment