Sunday, July 15, 2007

Its Birthday Time

Yippee its my first birthday, well its my blog's first birthday, gosh I can't belevie that I have been here for one full year and what a great year it has been. I have met such lovely people who have shared so many things, happiness, laughter and tears, I also have shared all these with you so a big thank you to everyone who drops by and reads my non discript blog!

I took a look at my first blog, the first to comment was Growing Up, but alas she is no longer with us, hope all is well for her and her family.

So that means the person who has stayed around for the whole year is a man we all love and know as Four Dinners! Cheers 4D.

Have made some great friends along the way and would dearly love to meet all of you, and you never know one day I will do just that! So just think on when that door bell rings it could be me calling in to say hi!!!!

Well talking of birthdays if you have not yet met djkirkby pop over to her site and wish her a happy birthday, a real birthday this time not a blog birthday!



So I hope you will all enjoy a slice of birthday cake with me, and a glass of wine if we must! Cheers everyone!

Is it only the 16th? Oops then i am two days early in my celebration its not my blog birthday till the 18th hope you will all fogive me, tell you what to make up for it there will be some funny pictures on the 18th so be sure to call and take a look!



25 comments:

Kahless said...

Happy blog birthday!!!

Biddie said...

Happy Blog Birthday!
I'm 2 days early? Well, we'll start the celebrations early then!
Isn't it amazing all of the friends that we've made along the way? Who would have thought it? Glad you're here, Kate!

katy said...

kahless - thankyou, and i cant comment on your blog today any ides why?

Biddie - two days of celebrating yeah let's do it! Thanks Biddie so pleased to have found you, and i promise you one day we will meet!

Kahless said...

Hi Her Indoors,
only a couple of posts have comments disabled because I wanted people to wish DJ a happy birthday on her blog instead. But I saw you found your way to Random instead.
Cheers
K.x.

Shauna said...

Hey - let's just start celebrating early! ! ! :) - By the time the 18th gets here we'll be having one "H" of a time! ! !

katy said...

hi shauna - lets go girl!!!

kahless - your very welcome just hope it helps you through it all x

Coffeypot said...

I will have my first blog birthday on the 20th. But I probably won't do anything special. Just waking up each morning is a pleasure to me.

Helena said...

A big HAPPY 40th to you! They don't hurt that much for the rest of the year!

Michael Colvin said...

Happy Blog birthday! Keep the jokes coming! :)

Helena said...

Typical! I've got my blogs mixed up! What I meant to say here was:
Blog Birthdays - what a fabulous idea! Happy Blogday To You!
Wonder how old I am...?? NOW, I'll pop over and wish dj a happy 40th! *blush*

katy said...

coffeypot - hey we started about the same time, yep waking up each morning is something I enjoy!

Tod - love a joke or two, some great photos coming on wed tune in!

Lena - LOL wish i was 40!

Betty said...

Happy Blog Birthday! I'll raise a glass of wine to you, although, as a rule, I don't drink - as a habit, however...........lol

Kell said...

Happy Blog Birthday! Congrats on 1 year of blogging the good life.

Mmmmmmmm cake!

Oh, and you are welcome here any time!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you, and many more to come! It is true that we have made so many new friends. I'm glad you are one of them.

Jay said...

We'll just make the party last until the 18th. How does that sound?

Happy Bog Birthday!

dilling said...

happy blogiversary!

FOUR DINNERS said...

A year????? You mean I'm another year older?????

How depressin'....

Happy B'day babe xx

katy said...

Kell - thank you thats nice to know and you can visit here too, with or without the family!

gawilli - it is great meeting all the new friends and thank you

Jay - you enjoying the party?

dilling - :-)

4D - yep fraid so!

rauf said...

ha ! just one year ? Seems like i know you for ages HER INDOORS

rauf said...

here's something to make you smile


Did I read that sign correctly?
TOILET OUT OF ORDER.... PLEASE USE FLOOR BELOW.

In a laundromat: AUTOMATIC WASHING MACHINES: PLEASE REMOVE ALL YOUR CLOTHES WHEN THE LIGHT GOES OUT.

In a London department store: BARGAIN BASEMENT UPSTAIRS.

In an office: WOULD THE PERSON WHO TOOK THE STEP LADDER YESTERDAY PLEASE BRING IT BACK OR FURTHER STEPS WILL BE TAKEN.

In an office: AFTER TEA BREAK STAFF SHOULD EMPTY THE TEAPOT AND STAND UPSIDE DOWN ON THE DRAINING BOARD.

Outside a second-hand shop: WE EXCHANGE ANYTHING - BICYCLES, WASHING MACHINES, ETC. WHY NOT BRING YOUR WIFE ALONG AND GET A WONDERFUL BARGAIN?

Notice in health food shop window: CLOSED DUE TO ILLNESS.

Spotted in a safari park: ELEPHANTS PLEASE STAY IN YOUR CAR.

Seen during a conference: FOR ANYONE WHO HAS CHILDREN AND DOESN'T KNOW IT, THERE IS A DAY CARE ON THE 1ST FLOOR.

Notice in a farmer's field: THE FARMER ALLOWS WALKERS TO CROSS THE FIELD FOR FREE, BUT THE BULL CHARGES.

Message on a leaflet: IF YOU CANNOT READ, THIS LEAFLET WILL TELL YOU HOW TO GET LESSONS.

On a repair shop door: WE CAN REPAIR ANYTHING. (PLEASE KNOCK HARD ON THE DOOR - THE BELL DOESN'T WORK.)

Kahless said...

See my latest post, I have nominated you as a Rockin Blogger!

katy said...

Rauf - have loved every minute of knowing you Rauf.

Kahless - well thankyou my dear

Anonymous said...

Its the 18th over her while i'm reading this so happy 1st blog birthday indoors. xoxox

Pamela said...

I'm late... darn


HAPPY BLOGOBIRTHDAY!!!!!

and many more

katy said...

kate and pamela - the party goes on and on thanks