Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Nothing to Declare

Well I have nothing to declare, nothing has happened just the ordinary daily life of a suburban housewife and part time worker!

OK first then to all of the American blogger's, Happy 4th of July I hope you enjoy your holiday and celebrations.

My dryer broke last week, the repair man from British Gas came today and fixed it, it is working but it has now got a vibrating sound, the sad thing is that at this time of the year I should be able to hang the washing out to dry in the lovely British summer! Yeah like where is it then! oh well the nice man will call again next Wednesday!

Himself is not very happy, the toe is now weeping and is painful, he tried wearing shoes but is back in sandals as the toe has got a bandage back on it! He was hoping to do some refereeing this Sunday but that is not going to happen, poor himself!

Mr Milo is excited as his girlfriend, Lady, oh and her mum Jo, is coming for a visit on Saturday, so he will be able to go for a nice walk with her, yes I will go with them, they do need chaperoning as you never know what they could get up to!!! Mind you I don't think he has told her he is gay!!

Why do you say the word 'Yes' when you really meant to say 'No'? Do you do it, I am a bugger for doing it, well because my mouth said 'Yes' without me having any control over it I am working on Saturday! ME WORKING A SATURDAY that has not happened for many, many years!!!! The only consolation is that it will only be for 4 hours so I will be back home for 10 am ish.

Think I might treat myself this weekend to a glass of wine, okay then a bottle of wine, okay then maybe two bottles! So if I have your phone number remember to turn it off as you know what I am like when drunk!

12 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Sorry about Himself’s toe. Soak it in salt water. Thanks for the well wishes for the 4th. You know, Sweet Tea works for Lucent Technologies (which was bought out by a French company, ALCATEL and is now known as Alcatel-Lucent.) Anyway, since Alcatel is a French company, the American employees lost the 4th of July as a holiday. They did get the use of a floating holiday to replace it, but she is at work today (and in New Jersey for the next two weeks, too.) So I went into the small town this morning by myself and watched the 4th of July parade. I met a very nice couple who have talked me into joining a book club. It was a pretty good day after all.

Now that the dryer is vibrating, are you sitting on it during the drying cycle? Maybe you need a seat belt to keep you from getting hurt.

And one of these days I will post a list of what men and women mean by what they say. It’s pretty funny and on the spot.

I don’t drink much wine, but give me a few beers or some Ole No. 7 Jack Black and I will be calling you. Imagine us two drunks trying to talk, one with an English accent the other with a Southern accent. We may not understand what each other is saying, but who cares, we’re drunk.

Jay said...

Good thing you are going to go with Milo and his sweetie. There's not telling what kind of trouble those kids might get into by themselves. ;-)

Hope Himself's toe starts getting better pretty quick like.

Anonymous said...

Bad news on the toe...sorry about that.

I hate when my mouth says yes and the rest of me says no, and it happens so darn quickly.

Say hi to Jo. Haven't seen her around in awhile.

dilling said...

Have a good weekend...douse that toe in some salty water...if that means a trip to some tropical island, then DO IT! It works wonders...for himself and hor you....
what possible trouble can Mr. Milo get into if he is "fixed?" Let them have their fun...and go to some tropical island....wait, did I already mention that?
Damn, maybe it's me who wants to go to some tropical island....
I am signing off now...without giving you my phone number...no offense...although, drink a toast to me on my tropical island....hehehehehe.

DJ Kirkby said...

Why is MR HI's toe weeping? have you asked if it is infected? Does the weepy stuff smell?

Dont worry about Lady and Mr Milo, if he is gay well then no worries! They are probably just swoping grooming tips.

Enjoy your weekned. Chopper and I plan to consume some wine too. You know better than to waste your time phoning me!

katy said...

coffeypot - sorry sweet tea didnt get to spend the day with you, that is wrong that her company will not honour the 4th july. the washer vibrates better!! it would be a hoot 'phone drunk talking'!

Jay - think its going to be fine just taking a bit longer.

Gawilli - keep trying to wake Jo up but will tell her you say hi

katy said...

dilling - could meet you on the tropical island, now that would be fun, specially if we could take the milo and emma eh!

djkirkby - no its not smelly but will keep an eye on it. oh go on then i wont ing you when i am drunk, mind you you wouldn't answer it anyway!!!

Kahless said...

Yeh, I think wine sounds good for the weekend.
Give Mr Milo a stroke from me.

Biddie said...

Isn't Coffeypot bad?!
Yes, Himself should soak the sore foot...
Has the rain slowed at all then? I guess that I should mosey on over to Jo's blog, see what she has been up to....

katy said...

kahless - he does love all this petting from blog land soes mr milo ta.

biddie - coffeypot is bad, mad but we love him, jo really not been around will try and kick her ass this weekend! the rain has slowed down but it still keeps raining

FOUR DINNERS said...

Wonder if he'd referee and Old Pretenders game. One ref had to retire off the field of play 'cause he couldn't blow his whistle through laughing....

katy said...

4Dinners am sure he would love to enjoy a laugh