Vegas and Grand Canyon
Next stop was Vegas, my oh my what a place Vegas is, it is full of life you could just sit and people watch all day, but alas we have no time, too much to see and do.
Vegas from the helicopter.

The Eiffel Tower, half the size of the real one, beautiful, we never made the trip up this in Paris so we went for it in Vegas.

A taste of Venice
and New York
Vegas at night from the Stratosphere, 110 floors up, 866 feet high, very,very windy, amazing views
We had pre-booked a helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon
and Hoover Dam,
then landing at the Ranch for breakfast. What can I say about this but WOW, if you get the chance to do it then please go for it.our transport for the morning.
Yep that is me playing at Cowboys and Indians!!!!
and that is himself being a Cowboy!
Spirit Mountain, this is where the Indian's Spirits go,


So that was Vegas and the Grand Canyon, next port of call is Grand Canyon Lodges via the Hoover Dam, and a detour on the way, tune in next week to see what we saw!!

20 comments:
Cool photo's.
And the Eiffel tower; I didn't realise the americans had a copy!
You took a helicopter ride around Vegas? One of the times that I was there, I had a coupon for a free helicopter ride, but I chickened out. LOL ;-)
A helicopter ride?? I would never be brave enough.
Looks like you and Himself had a great time.
That's a great pic of the Bellagio fountains. I have never been able to get a good shot like that. Which hotel/casino did you like the best? And did you win anything? Enquiring minds need to know!
kahless - in Vegas they have everything it is wonderful.
Jay - flying in a Helicopter is fantastic, next time you go for it OK!
biddie - it is totally different from being in a plane, I loved it.
tod - spoilt for choice, loved Bellagio and Ceasers Palace. The photos of the fountains i took follow on, we had just got up the tower when the display started.
as for winning LOL not a cent!!!!
You certainly got around!! Beautiful photos!
I've just been re-living my helicopter ride back in 2002. I think it was similar to yours (including cowboy breakfast). But did you take the ride in New York? I did (it was scary) and I have a photo to prove it. Looking forward to seeing the next leg of your holiday.
as i've told you face to face, i've never been taken with doing the "touristy" thing anywhere, but to be honest, the thought of flying around like you did really appeals. must speak to the wife, and add it to the plans for the NFL game!
A helicopter ride! Cooool!
I'd probably skip vegas and go straight to the ranch though!
The desert is so incredibly beautiful. I do hope I can see it someday but until then, your pictures are marvelous. You guys look cute all dressed up in your western duds!
Lovely photos! A helicopter trip? Wow...sounds like a blast!
Those pictures are amazing. Looks like a great time!
I love vegas..
even though i dont smoke or really gamble ..
but I just love that place!..
casdok - thanks and we are trying to plan our next trip already!
chrisb - so loved flying in the helicopter, but theme rides oh no not me!!!
cappy - you sure can try, bet I know the answer!
heidi - don't gamble but loved Vegas, understand why you would skip it for the desert it is really beautiful and can be peaceful
RLL - loved the flight, would love to fly one too!
marla - every minute was brilliant
cynnie - it is full of life and hustle and bustle day and night
I've been to Vegas, but you sure had some better views than I did.
That is great that you did the helicopter ride. were you scared?
Fab pics! You didn't take any of the tacky weddings on offer there though! They are too funny. That heli ride looks way too scary for my taste.
great photos, you certainly saw a lot! I love Vegas, its a unique place with so much to see and do. Even if you don't like to gamble its a lot of fun.
Boy, Vegas has sure changed a lot since I was there. Of course, I think that was about 35 years ago. Funny how that happens. lol
pamela - I wasn't scared at all just very excited!
dj - been married far too long!
palm spring - we dont gamble, but it was fun to watch!
rr - it changes year by year they seem to be building all the time!
Post a Comment