Want to go Back to America
OK this snow was great but the road to Yosemite, a 12 mile pass named Tiogra, was shut due to the snow. So to get to Yosemite would entail a big diversion, one that we would have to do again to drive to Vegas. So we decided to be adventourous and do our own thing for the next two days and nights! Himself had yet another 'want' he wanted to stay in a proper old type Motel!

Driving and driving getting dark now time to look for a motel. Called at Tom's Place, just off the road, very, very dark, no lights, cafe one side motel rooms the other, too spooky for me I had coffee and ran! Could see lights of a town in the distance so we drove on, finally we came to what we thought was the town of Bishop's, we were tired and hungry, pulled into the motel.
The owner said it was 50 dollars - but it aint got no bath tub and 15 dollars extra for the kitchen. The room was freezing, the tv must have been 40 years old. We slept we got up we went! About a mile down the road we entered Bishop Town full of Motels and eateries and very nice too!










21 comments:
As you said - bloody beautiful!!
I adore the photographs.
Shame you missed Yosemite. But now you have a reason to go back. Sometimes just hitting the road with no plan works out really well.
I'm really enjoying your trip and the photos are lovely.
I would hate to drive in the states as I know I would get hopelessly lost!
cool....never been to death valley...and himself got to stay in a wreck of an old fashioned motel...that cure him or what?
Good stuff, Katy!!
Your pictures make me want to travel!
oh Im sooooooo enjoying your photos.... I to wanna be back in America lol....
x
Doesn't that make you nuts. You pass all these great looking places, pubs, restaurants ...whatever, it's sod's law, the minute you decide OK the next one along is for us, that's when all the crap turns up or nothing at all for 50 miles that is what happened to us driving down highway 101 on the California coast, ended up in a great restaurant but it was at least 50 miles for anything else. Enjoying the photos - keep up coming.
great seeing you this weekend! L
Gret pics babe. You were under water on land. Cool.
Who's Timbishu Shosone or whatever the name was? and why does he live there? and how come he's on the sign? Sounds Japanese t'me.....
...yep....vodka
more please.
btw. guess who's got a laptop now?
I'm jealous! You have been places in my country that I have't been. But then having all these horses keeps us tied down. I wouldn't give them up to travel though.
That motel sounds familiar. lol I know I've never been to that town, so obviously I've been to a similiar motel. lol Same story, nice town with plenty of nice motels about a mile down the road. lol
You have to remember when visiting here, our state boundaries are like boundaries of countries in Europe. The names of the towns and the streets start over. It can make one bloodly crazy! AND I live here!! Thank goodness the interstates don't change names at the borders or I'd never find my way anywhere.
Next time you need to visit Washington State.
I'll program Tilly for you.
casdok - too true
kahless - i have so many to choose from think the internet site would go down if i uplaoded them all!
tod - when we go back it will be to somewhere different we want to do New York and Washington
chrisb - we both love driving abroad
dilling - yep he is cured of that one lol
john.g - thank you
marla - house or travel, think i know what you are going to go for though!
marmite - me too, me too!
softinhead - you are so right there, so right indeed LOL
4 dinners http://timbisha.org/history.htm are a tribe enjoy the vodka mmmm that is a stupid thing to say of course you will enjoy the vodka!!!
cappy - YOU got you a laptop did the easter bunny bring it to you!
RR - so there are a lot of those motels about then lol, and if i had horses like yours i would be happy to stay at home too
pamela - we are working on our next rip and indeed it will include Washington how did you guess!
Those photos are gorgeous!
BTW, you have been tagged!
WHY - oh thank you on both counts!
Post a Comment