Wednesday, September 12, 2007

So What are You Drinking then!

In a number of carefully trials, scientists have demonstrated that if we drink one litre of water each day, at the end of the year we would have absorbed more than one kilo of Escherichia (E-coli) bacteria found in feces.

In other words we are consuming poo!

However, we do not run that risk when drinking wine, whisky, run, beer or indeed any other alcohol because alcohol has to go through a purification process of boiling, filtering and/or fermenting.

So remember

Water = poo
Alcohol = health

Therefore it is better to drink alcohol and talk stupid than it is to drink water and talk full of shit!!!!!!!!!!!

There's no need to thank me for this valuable piece of information, I am doing it as a public service!

23 comments:

Kahless said...

I kid you not...
Last night I rang Welsh Water because my water was coming through brown. They said dont worry, its just mineral deposits disturbed by a mains leak that they had had earlier. Not harmful at all.

Now I know they were lying.

DJ Kirkby said...

Damn! I Like water! Oh well, if it is for the sake of my health then I will just have to 'force' myself to drink more wine...

Anonymous said...

Wow
Sounds like after 17 years, it is time to pick up drinking. Thanks for the heads up!

Jay said...

A nice pint of Guinness for breakfast and then with each meal the rest of the day is the best way to deal with this problem of poo water. Sometimes, just for a little variety, you can pour Scotch over you breakfast cereal.

Biddie said...

Ugh.I think that I'm gonna take up drinking..booze...

Unknown said...

Ewww! How's my Diet Coke? Is it full of poo too?

Kell said...

We learn so much by reading your blog! Now I have a good excuse to have that glass of wine. Or two or three--I'm really thirsty.

Lynx217 said...

and I tell you, SOMETHING is in there, haha... our water in my old high school had an assortment of colors!!

ChrisB said...

Hoorah I drink a lot of filtered water but you've just given me the excuse I need to consume more alcohol!

katy said...

kahless - yuk, we drink bottled water, buxton to be precise!

dj kirkby - thats what i keep telling himself, wine is better for me!

birdman - see you now have a good enough reason to drink!

katy said...

jay - mmm whisky and cornflakes washed down with guiness, will let you try that one first i think lol!

biddie - join me for a nice cold glass of white wine

lisa's chaos - think you will be fine with coke, i mean i need coke for me bacardi lol

katy said...

kell - its good for me and now we know its good will just have to drink more!

lynx217 - no way! that's totally yuk!

chrisb - excuse permitted cheers to you girl!

Cynnie said...

I drink a lot of water ..

so I'm full of shit?

damn..

my ex husband was right

captain corky said...

Finally! That's one for our team.

katy said...

cynnie - no way are you full of that my girl, join us for some wine!

corky - LOL it is official now alcohol is good for us

Anonymous said...

yuk and to think some test actually show that bottled watter is worse then tap watter when containing contaimanents... ugh.. im getting a purifier to put under the sink

Betty said...

I'm always looking for a good reason to drink some wine. Thanks.

Pamela said...

I have a PUR filter. I think the poo is filterered out (spit, sputter, blaaa blaaaa choke)

Coffeypot said...

By God I'll drink to that (hic). Thanks for saving me from the dreaded E-coli. What is cirrhosis of the liver compared to that?

Heidi the Hick said...

I love that!

katy said...

wolfbaby - all the more reason to stick with wine yes!

betty - pop that cork girl!

pamela - LOL

coffeypot - cheers mate see ya when we are yellow!

heidi - fancy a glass of wine, it might help you find your glasses!

rauf said...

hahahaha ! No, HER INDOORS, please keep drinking water, a couple of bottles a day

katy said...

rauf - thing is i dont drink anything neat LOL