What do you call Yours!
Just had a lovely tea of fried egg with chips and baked beans, not something I usually have as it cause havoc with me tummy! Also it means himself will be sleeping in the spare room tonight! Go figure it out!
Whilst gently frying my egg I was thinking of the lad when he was little, and as children do they give names to things, mainly when they can not remember what they are really called.
Well if he wanted an egg he would ask for
a pattie down egg!
a flat egg
or a fluffy egg!
which got me to thinking of some other little things he came out with.this was 'conversation'
and the first time he opened the front door to fog, he cried his eyes out as he thought that the sky had fallen down!

and the first time he opened the front door to fog, he cried his eyes out as he thought that the sky had fallen down!
Always used to say I was going to write down things he said but alas I never did! DJ Kirkby has started to write down the things her no3 son comes out with and they can be pretty funny, but you know what, they actually make sense!
Now I bet you are all remembering the things your child/children said aren't you!
ps. the lad is now 21 and he still calls his eggs flat, fluffy and pattie down!!!!

27 comments:
Too cute. you know I love reading this kind of stuff. I've got an award for you hon, posting it tomorrow!
Nope der...I meant Sunday's post!
oh i am intrigued cant wait till sunday now!
Great names for eggs. fog=sky falling down is so sweet. Do you know I cannot recall the things my children said -I'm having a senior moment or 2 or maybe it was the wine I had earlier!
i am not a guru meditating in front of an egg, waiting for the chicken to come out and and show him the way to Nirvana
i am still looking for an enlightened egg.
it should no longer look like an egg. i eat only what my sis makes. you know indians, with lots of masala. finally, the good saint that i am, i eat, convinced that i am eating a vegetable, How convenient !!
i recorded my niece, a few tapes on the video, reciting kindergarden stuff like ' i'm a little tea pot' and other rhymes but can't play those tapes. Gone obsolete in 20 years.
Hope you had good rest HER INDOORS
I am sure I had all kinds of crazy things when I was young, but I can't think of any of them now. =(
Corky and I have always made up our own vocabulary, if that counts for anything.
All this talk of eggs and chips has made me hungry!
Don't you just love kiddos? They make life so interesting...
Oh dear, he thought the sky had fallen! That's so cute. I love the names for the eggs, too.
I think I'm going to make some eggs myself now.
chrisb - bet it has got you thinking though!
rauf - we had a lovely peaceful rest thank you
birdman - can just imagine you and corky's language!
jamie - then go and eat, you need your strength
marni - they sure can cheer you up
kell - how are you having your eggs?!
I like my eggs over-easy, but just a bit runny. I don't know what he would call that.
Can you just visualize the first person who saw that egg drop out of the hen's behind...then cracked it open and ate it? S/he must have been hungry.
I call my scrambled...dry... covered with cheese, bacon, onions, tomatoes, jalepenos,...anything but mushrooms.
That sounds like a nice meal actually!
I think I am going to adopt your egg names! My little one will love them! I love "pattie down". When my kids got too old for bibs we started tucking a tea towel in the neck of their clean shirt. They wouldn't wear bibs so Jame started calling them "safety blankets". They are still safety blankets - as in "Daaad, I don't nneeed a safety blanket". Cute post.
jay - they are still flat when done that way
swampy - LOL - you are a bit like me then don't eat or even drink anything without adding to it!
heidi - so you having egg an chips for tea soon?
rain - 'safety blanket' LOL
great names for eggs. Anymore sayings?
My nephew called his dad 'doh' after I brainwashed him with Homer Simpson
How very endearing. It's these little memories that we treasure the most. My favourite of my oldest son's was his word for 'lemonade' which to his little shell-like came out as 'nima-nima-nimna!'
hello there! first time visitor to your blog. Lots of fun to read. I love fried eggs as well.
anyway, stop by and say hello sometime.
does he still think the sky has fallen down though?
J-Man and Bug have always called my snoring "Paw Paw Noise."
4Dinners - bet there are a lot more it's just thinking of them1 Doh now why does that not surprise me!
Lena - kids are just wonderful, my lad 21 still gets the wrong words!
Palm Spring - thanks for calling over to visit you right now
cappy - probably!!! great to see you up and about!
coffeypot - and it will always be that, names just stick don't they
jay cam - thanks have linked you
Sorry its taken me so long to get here; had my head down mostly this week; its that list of jobs, though not ticked one of them off yet!!
Havent had egg and chips for a while - sounds good. Hope youre tummy has settled down now though!!
All part of never growing up--which is fine! I love being a big kid at heart... I don't have children, but I can identify with things I have "nicknamed" along the way, either that or misunderstood and called something else.
Cool post!
*Ahem* next post please!
kahless - i wonder how many people went and had egg an chips after this post!
AJ - kids can be so funny, they can sure cheer you up when you are down
dj kirkby - ok ok ok already
Post a Comment