Fun Monday - Treats
What is your favourite treat, hosted by Beckie, where you will find the list of all the other fun monday participants.
Well like most I do have lots of treats that I love, but without a doubt my all time favourite has to be CHEESECAKE.Why I love it I don’t really know, I just know I do!
Any cheesecake will do!
Me mum used to make her own, oh so delicious! I have made my own too; see I can cook even if I don’t own an apron!
So a tale about Cheesecake.I love them so much that when my lad was small, (he is 21 now and still reminds me of this!) I told him he didn’t like cheesecakes, so he never ate them thus leaving more for me! Am I bad or what! Well when he was 12 we went to visit an old friend, who served a lovely tea, yes you guessed it, with cheesecake to follow. The lad said that as he doesn’t like them I could have his portion, trained him well I did! Well she tempted him to try it. Oh I was not impressed when he tasted it; I could see the look of pure enjoyment on his face! So from that day on I have had to learn to share MY cheesecakes!!!!
Definitions of Cheesecake.1. Made with sweetened cream cheese and eggs and cream baked in a crumb crust.
2. A photograph of an attractive woman in minimal attire!
Cheesecake History.Cheesecake is believed to have originated in ancient Greece. History has the first recorded mention of cheesecake, as being served to the athletes during the first Olympic Games held in 776 B.C. However, cheese making can be traced back as far as 2,000 B.C.; anthropologists have found cheese molds dating back to that period. The Romans spread cheesecake from Greece to across Europe. Centuries later cheesecake appeared in America, the recipes brought over by immigrants. In 1872, cream cheese was invented by American dairymen, who were trying to recreate the French cheese, Neufchâtel. James L. Kraft invented pasteurized cheese in 1912, and that lead to the development of pasteurized Philadelphia cream cheese, the most popular cheese used for making cheesecake today.
Cheesecake Trivia.
There is an all-garlic restaurant in Stockholm where they offer a garlic cheesecake. (This might be the one I would actually pass on!)
Sonya Thomas holds the World Record for cheesecake eating. She ate 11 pounds of cheesecake in 9 minutes. (They haven’t asked me to take part in this!) Mind you I just could not eat Cheesecake that fast, it needs to be eaten slowly so you can enjoy every mouth full mmmmmmmm.
There is an all-garlic restaurant in Stockholm where they offer a garlic cheesecake. (This might be the one I would actually pass on!)
Sonya Thomas holds the World Record for cheesecake eating. She ate 11 pounds of cheesecake in 9 minutes. (They haven’t asked me to take part in this!) Mind you I just could not eat Cheesecake that fast, it needs to be eaten slowly so you can enjoy every mouth full mmmmmmmm.
Right before I go and devour a cheesecake I am off to see what you lot are all eating!
Have a FUN MONDAY everyone!


45 comments:
I could handle garlic cheesecake if I could spread it on a sourdough baguette sliced. yum
You make me laugh- I don't think your ploy would have worked in this house cheesecake was a favourite with my kids when thet were growing up. Yuk to the garlic one!! History was interesting :)
Oh yes!! I'll take a huge slice. And, if there are any leftovers when Monday is done, I call it!
Fair enough?
Mine's posted
OMG I LOVE cheesecake!!!! SOo YUUMMYY!!!
pamela - yuk!
chrisb - i was not pleased to share MY cheesecake LOL
hootin'anni - sure you get the leftovers, but i tell you now there will be none!
raven-dase - isn't it just!
Ooh, cheesecake is one of my favorite desserts. Interesting history and trivia.
sallad.net - is it nice or what!
Telling your poor child he didn't like cheesecake. How could you?
What a great idea!
And, thanks for the rather obnoxious get well card. It made me laugh, then go into coughing hysterics.
Yummy-I like cheesecake too.Your looks good!
I posted my Fun Monday too...
Dear Corky's gut,
Despite whay you see here walk away... very, very quickly. ;)
Time for some crunches.
Mmmm, yummy! I love cheesecake.
That was a sneaky thing to do to your son, but completely justified! Think of all the calories that you saved your son from, and how you selflessly sacrificed yourself!
Thank you for the cheesecake history. My daughter-in-law is famous for her cheesecakes and creates all varieties. Have you tasted pumpkin cheesecake with almonds in the crust? Very tasty...
swampy - told him the ice cream van played music when it had sold out too!!! and your welcome!
steffi - i could eat it all day every day!
corky - Dear Corky's gut, have a quick snack whilst Corky is not looking!
melanie - would offer you a slice but i DONT SHARE!
uncaringbear - how true never thought of that thanks!
mjd - thats a new one on me, ell your d-in-l if she needs anyone do tasting i am her girl!
That is a priceless story about you son! It is also something I would do....
I loved the history and trivia!
Cheesecake Factory has the BEST cheesecake!!!
I once knew a girl in high school that stated she didn't like cheesecake because she didn't like cheese. Huh??? I asked her if she had ever tried it and she said "no."
I love cheesecake too...all kinds!
I love cheesecake too. If I get a piece from Cheesecake Cafe, they are huge, and I can only eat a few bites at a time, then I put the rest in the freezer. It can last me a whole week. That is so funny about your son. I have 4 kids who like cheesecake so a home made one doesn't last long in our house.
:O I love Cheesecake! How could I have forgotten Cheesecake? It is my daughters absolute favorite too. :)
LOL We did the Music Man thing too for the ice cream truck...only we never bothered to mention the ice cream part!
That is hilarious what you did to your son! I love it!!
I found some flavoured cheesecakes at Costco recently that were sooo good. My husband is a strict proponent of plain cheesecake and MAYBE some fruit topping.
Cheesecake melts in your mouth...I love it!! My son took a cooking class and made these mini cheesecakes that were divine and so easy to make...just the size of a cupcake! Oh I need to go get the stuff to make them again!!!
Yum, I totally forgot about cheesecake! I like mine plain NY style or pumpkin cheesecake for Thanksgiving.
~Carrie
LoL! Your poor son!
I love NY style cheescake that doesn't have a fruit topping. And then I love ALL the fruit topping ones too! I tried chocolate cheescake once...it was an abomination on a plate.
I'm all about the cheesecake! You're the first one I've read today who has mentioned this decadent treat - great history, too.
I like mine more fluffy than dense, tho - they are tough to finish if they are too thick.
becky - i am far too cruel to my son!
happy working mum - would love to try them, maybe next year when i visit America.
dawn - they wont last me that long!
debs - funny what you forget till you see them
susan - are we nasty or what!
debbie - well buy the flavoured ones then you can ahve them all to yourslef!
kaytabug - they sound so good, send me some from your next batch please!
carrie - pumpkin cheesecake will be on my list when i visit the states next year.
tod - have done some nice 'nasty' things to my boy!
tiggerlane - i like mine any way!
Cheesecake is not my bag I'm afraid!
Great post though.
:o)
Cheesecake, yum!
kahless - means more for me :-)
and look who is in the corner thanks to you.
dj kirkby - not going to share mine though!
:o)
mmmm. . .look what I've missed out on. . .Been crazy around for me! I will be glad to follow up on the tag - just tell me which one I'm supposed to do :). . .
Garlic cheesecake? Um, no.
i want to go there i hear it is amazing and mouth watering goodness... i really really want to go there
I love the Cheesecake Factory. Everything there is soooooooo good.
There is no point in scarfing all those calories quickly! Treats such as cheesecake must be savored. Swallow your vitamins and healthy stuff quickly, and take time to truly enjoy the good, but not so good for you, things.
I can remember my mom making me cherry cheesecake for President's day one year. I wanted them always after that. Garlic cheesecake? I would pass too.
I like cheesecake too.
There's a Chinese restaurant I love that serves a mandarin orange cheese cake I just love.
Waving at you from New York,
Frances
Well, now, this was not only a reminder of a delicious dessert (it didn't make my post, but it could have...like so many other treats), it was also educational and anecdotal. I'm impressed you were able to stave off your son as long as you did.
And a little history lesson, too? and trivia?? and "definitions"???
You took this Fun Monday and R.A.N.!
Thanks for the smiles :).
Boy that was a pretty slick idea telling your son he didn't like cheesecake~ I will have to remember that one for future use!
I really like the ones that have pecans, caramel, and chocolate!
I love cheesecake of all varieties. :)
great cheesecake trivia! yum! :o)
Mum used to make delicious cheesecakes when we were children, she doesn't make them anymore! Homemade cheesecake is so much better than shop bought.
Delicious post. Thanks to you, I now have to take a double dose of lipitor**LOL**
Oh my how could I have forgotten Cheesecake? Label me weird though I prefer it plain, no berries, etc.
Post a Comment