Friday, August 17, 2007

Say a Little Prayer

THE GIRL'S PRAYER
Our Cash
Which art on plastic
Hallowed be thy name
Thy Cartier watch
Thy Prada bag
In Harrods As it is in Selfridges
Give us each day our Platinum Visa
And forgive us our overdraft
As we forgive those who stop our MasterCard
And lead us not into Next
And deliver us from Benneton
For thine is the Cartier, the Dior and the Armani
For Chanel No.5
and Eternity Amex.
and now..
THE BOY'S PRAYER
Our beer
Which art in bottles
Hallowed be thy sport
Thy will be drunk
I will be drunk
At home as it is in the pub
Give us each day our daily beverage
And forgive us our spillage
As we forgive those who spillest against us
And lead us not into wine tasting
And deliver us from Tequila
For mine is the bitter
The chicks and the footy
Forever and ever
Barmen.

17 comments:

Coffeypot said...

Amen! Now I will pass the offering plate. Only large denomination folding money, please.

Jay said...

Can I get an "AMEN" from the congregation?

captain corky said...

I love... Beer.

Anonymous said...

to funny:0

katy said...

coffeypot - have put mine in a nice crisp note!

jay - AMEN

corky - i love most drinks, especially if they are free ones!

wolfbaby - like to bring a smile to the world every now and then

Chris King said...

The first one made no sense to me at all! The second on the other hand......!!

Anonymous said...

A.M.E.N. and a Hallelujah thrown in just for good measure.
H.A.L.L.E.L.U.J.A.H.
I have no idea if that's how to spell it.

katy said...

chopski - well it should dj should be saying it every day LOL

swampy - hi glad you dropped by and H A L L E L U LU LU LU YAH

Kell said...

Amen, sistah.

If I ever win the lottery, which I won't because I never buy a ticket, but if I did, the first thing I would buy is a Prada bag and pair of shoes. I don't know why I covet those so much. I just do.

katy said...

kell - first thing i would do is PARTY with all me blogging buddies, and i dont buy tickets either :-(

Kahless said...

I prefer the boys prayer, much more fun!

Aunt Jackie said...

Cute! I like that... :) Happy WEekend.

katy said...

kahless- lol i think you are right there!

AJ - nice to see you out and about, enjoy the weekend girl

Anonymous said...

And Barmen.

raine said...

Barmen and Amex.

Helena said...

hahahaha! Those prayers are SO my daughter and her hubby - big time!!

Kahless said...

I am having writers block for fun monday! Not that I dont tell white lies, but finding one that is interesting. Maybe I should make one up!