Monday, August 06, 2007

My 1st Fun Monday!!!!


It's my first fun Monday, which is being hosted over at Chris B's who wants to see our aprons and tea towels. Well am afraid it's confession time then as I don't own an apron. 'Why not' you say - well you need to cook to wear aprons and I gave up cooking and baking a few years ago!!!! I would probably wear something like this apron. Or if you want the truth it would be better if I wore this, you would also benefit if you wore something like this too!Ok now we go onto tea towels, which I do own, mind you don't use them for tea towels though!

This tea towel was bought by my mum, who is no longer with us, in Cyprus 1990. Her and my dad went for a 4 week holiday, it was strange her being away for so long and not being able to speak to her daily. She bought us all back the same tea towel, in fact we all got two of them, and two for her that would be 12 in total, wonder if she got a job lot on them! I have three, my own, which i did use, and my mums. She used hers for wrapping her knitting in. She kept a holiday diary whilst she was in Cyprus, which I also have, it is lovely to be able to see things that remind me of my mum.Himself took a fancy to this tea towel whilst we were in Malta, June 2006, if you want to read it it can be found here, well it can if i manage to make the link work! It just took his fancy, you know what men are like!
This is my favourite. It was done as a Mothers Day Present, the Nursery was where my son attended, he would have been four and a half. All the children in each class draw a picture of themselves and wrote their name under it. How sweet is that! My boy is called Kevin, see if you can find his picture!

Hope you enjoyed my first attempt at the Fun Monday.

And don't forget to go and check out all the others who have took place.

36 comments:

Molly said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. I see Kevin's picture. I think that he drew a fabulous penguin. You are right this is a great present. What a nice keepsake.

DJ Kirkby said...

I love the nursery one! Number 3 son has done 2 similar ones at his nursery before he had to be switched to his specialist pre-school and I treasure them.

ChrisB said...

Hi Big welcome to Fun Monday. I sometimes wish I could give up cooking -well it's not the actual cooking but all the preparation time, its eaten in a few minutes then its all the clearing up! Your tea towels are lovely mementos of your mum and your son ( I did find his picture and name) and the one himself chose is a hoot!!

Pamela said...

that last one is priceless.
I found Kevin, but didn't realize he was a penquin until mjd mentioned it.

Beccy said...

Kevin's tea towel is certainly one to treasure as is the tea towel from your mum.

Chris King said...

Friends brought us back a tea towel from Antigua (I'm sure it should have been wrapped around a bottle of rum) and the bloody thing was 'made in Ireland'!!

Anonymous said...

Those are all lovely tea towels! A penguin? That's not a penguin, it's a bishop in a baseball cap!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and touching.

Anonymous said...

The Mother's Day towel is very sweet. I received a hand painted mug from my three year old this past Mom Day.

Welcome to Fun Monday!

captain corky said...

I need to get myself a tea towel. Very cool.

Jenni said...

I do love that Mothers Day tea towel. What a cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Fun Monday. What a cool idea the nursery had for that apron. What a treasure. Loved all your items.

Debs said...

The last pic is just precious.

The first two pics would apply to me.
I can't cook very well, and if you come into my kitchen a gas mask might be beneficial. *LOL*

Anonymous said...

A Fun Monday First ! Welcome to the FUN!
I never realized all the history that goes with all the aprons and tea towels. Some wonderful memories are being shared today. What a flashback we are all enjoying.

Kaytabug said...

LOL!! This post was so funny! I really like what the "why worry" tea towel says! Happy first Fun Monday!

katy said...

mjd - the kids had to draw themselves, never saw it as a penguin before LOL

dj - its a great idea isn't it

chrisb - thank you, i do cook but dont if i can get away with it lol

pamela - it is certainly one to keep, cant wait to pass it on to him!

beccy - i love to look at them and remember things

chopski - i always wrap my malibu in my towels!

katy said...

min - LOL

jenny - thank you

nikki - how sweet keep it safe and thank you

captain - yeah i bet!!!

jenni - it was a great idea, love the presents that they make themselves, they mean so much more

joy t - i thank you

katy said...

debs - thanks, and you love your microwave too eh!

swampy - there are some really great memories out there you are right, and it is fun glad i came in

kaytabug - its a good one alright and cheers

Michael Colvin said...

Is it wrong to get the hots for the man in the chemical suit?

Beckie said...

Great first Fun Monday! I love that towel that you received for Mother's Day. What fun is that!

Robinella said...

I have a sign in my kitchen that states; "Dinner Choices: 1) Take it. and 2) Leave it."

I certainly mean it!! Great FM post.

Heidi the Hick said...

darn right this was fun!

Also Tod cracks me up.

katy said...

tod - you crack me up too, anyway who says its a man LOL

beckie - it is a treasure and thank you

robinella - that sign in your kitchen should be in everyones kitchen!

heidi - he certainly cracks me up to without fail!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Fun Monday!! LOVE your tea towels!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I love the last towel!! What a cute idea!

Jay said...

I don't have an apron either. I'm usually pretty careful and not too messy. My towels are all really old and none of them are as fancy as yours.

Kahless said...

Great!

Wey hey hey. You answered a question on my last post without even seeing it. Thanks!
I am signing up for next week.
:-)

katy said...

stephanie - thanks i enjoyed it

rachel - i loved the idea hope they still do it when the grandson starts

jay - i love making a mess!

kahless - go for it, and what did i answer?

Anonymous said...

Great first fun Monday. I love that apron, and the suit is a good idea too. What a great idea for a nursery school Mother's day present. Wonderful to have a memento of your mom's travels in the journal and the towel. We all need a reminder when it comes to worrying.

Kahless said...

You answered my request for something fun to do.
Thanks
:o)

Anonymous said...

I came back to thank Rain for visiting and commenting lately...forgot to do that this morning.

BS said...

Welcome to your first Fun Monday - it is fun, isn't it?

Tiggerlane said...

Your Virginity is GONE! Welcome to Fun Monday! And I like the Kevin-Penguin. TOO CUTE!

katy said...

kahless - right see i have my useses!

swampy - you can call as often as you want, let me know so i can bput the kettle on, or should i say the cauldron!!!

bs - it is great fun cant wait for next week already

tiggerlane - what again! LOL

theotherbear said...

What a fabulous idea for the nursery school to organise that. Love it!
Welcome to Fun Monday :)

katy said...

the otherbear - thanks