Fun monday meeting partners
Describe your meeting with your spouse/significant other. I especially want to hear "meet cute" stories. And it doesn't have to be your actual current sig/other. Perhaps the "meet cute" story is a former boy/girlfriend... or even a best friend. Illustrate with photos, of course.
I admit I have cheated with this one, a while back i agreed to be interviewed by DJ Kirkby and this was one of the questions she asked me!
My friend had moved into a new flat and invited me round for tea, I went straight from college. Her mum decided that we should go out for a drink and took us to where she worked the Trade of Jacks nightclub in Blackpool. I wasn’t dressed to go out clubbing and didn’t really want to go but she was very persuasive!
The Trade of Jacks was an elite night club, it belonged to the Imperial Hotel. You had to have a membership for it, but as Dee worked there we could get in with her.
We were stood at the bar having a drink, and this tall handsome man with a lovely smile walked towards us. Dee started to talk to him as she obviously knew him.
There was a group of people beside us who were drinking champagne, one of the girls spilt hers all down himself’s trousers! He laughed, lifted his leg up and pushed my face down and told me to smell as it was real champagne and it would be the nearest I ever got to tasting it!
We spent the night together, had the last dance, Watership Down, and he drove me home in a really big flash car.
I was going away for 2 weeks but promised to send him a post card, which I did but wrote it in shorthand!!! Well I knew he would have to see me again to ask what I had written!!!
And that was that, we met 6th April 1979 and married 15th December 1979. I am so glad I went to my friends for tea that night!
Us then, oh so many years ago!


Us now and still very much in love ah bless!
thank you Janet for hosting, off to read all the love stories now!


50 comments:
Managed to catch your post before I sign-off for holiday.
Its great to hear that you are still very much in love. A really nice post my friend.
:-)
My story ends much like yours...so glad I went out to dinner that night...
Is it Monday already my post is only half written!!
This is a sweet story and I love happy endings :)
Young love keeps you young - regardless of the amount of hair lost or the weight gained or the wrinkles or the failing eyesight or the loss of hearing or being able to remember back more than a few minuets or ... what were we talking about?
Great story!
Very nice story! I like seeing the then and now photos, too!
oh my -- what a character he must be to ask a complete stranger to sniff his trouser...
Has he purchased any REAL champagne to make up for that??
smiles.
I'm glad that you had a happy ending.
LOL .. that writing it in shorthand was so sneaky! ;-)
Funny story! I hope he's bought you real champagne in the last...27-8 years.
Wonderful story and very romantic. Here is a toast to the lovely couple.
shorthand! what a great idea! you guys look beautiful together -- then and now.
I loved this story just as much the second time around!
I wish I had a story to tell....
one of these days. =(
The shorthand trick was a great idea, what a fab story.
How lovely!
Your story is very sweet, I also liked the short hand idea, very clever!
Love it!! Shorthand, huh? I bet I could still read and write that. But, ooooooooo how clever of you.
I'm with Pam. Did he ever buy you some real champagne for forcing you to smell his pants? I'm glad Himself is still the great love of your life.
no to the champagne i dont like it, would rather have a glass of wine!
I love that story!
Great story! You were married on my birthday - I'll certainly not forget the day...maybe the year...of your anniversary.
I am so happy to find so many couples together after many years. You have had a LOT of wonderful years together. Loved the story!
Very cute story to match a very cute couple!
Now THAT's a meeting you'll never forget! And still in love....! Fabulous pictures.
It's my actual wedding anniversary this Saturday, so I'll add a blog around then, but what a great idea to add how we met!
ahh that is sweet.. and wow a totally by chance meeting;)
Leaves a lump in't eye n tear in't throat does that!
and do you have real champagne on your anniversary? Great story. Thanks for sharing.
I can tell you're a nice person.
Because I would have punched a guy who told me to smell his leg! LOL!
Congrats on many years of bliss. May there be many many more. :)
Sneaky clever girl, writing the postcard in shorthand! Love it. And another story where it was a short courtship but years and years later you are still together. You two look so adorable together!!
ours is so boring...
What a great story and I love the pictures. My favorite part of the week's Fun Monday challenge has been seeing all the old pictures.
I had to reread the part about him having you smell his champagne-doused pants to make SURE I didn't read that wrong! I love the photos - wish I had thought to scan some of my wedding shots.
Great story, I laughed so hard about smelling the champagne. Sounds like something my husband would say!LOL!
You funny two sound like a perfect match! :)
It seems like a coincidence that you met, yet you hit it off right away, and it has lasted for so long. How wonderful.
sigh..
Your dates are a year before mine almost to the day!
Love your story, its good to hear how many have lasted.
You're not the first woman I've heard of using shorthand to get a return call. Very sneaky, smart, but sneaky!
I would assume that you took his sniffing his leg as a joke? Obviously because you spent the evening with him. Funny how things progress so fast. Glad to hear you are happily married.
thanks for calling by everyone.
i too loved this fun monday and all the love stories and photos, it is good to know that there are a lot of people out there still together after so many years.
heres to everyone 'cheers be happy and enjoy'
Very clever, the shorthand. Great photos and stories!
I heart happy endings. ;)
What a cute story. Me, I would never pass up the opportunity of free alcohol...no matter where it was!
Very romantic, I like the use of shorthand - sneaky!
This story is just so feel good...makes me all warm and fuzzy!
I love the photos! I loved your story!!
Not changed much appart from a few grey hairs!!
I think he's still a handsome fella!
I love love stories! Especially when the love lasts.
You are so lucky and I love this story.
Great "then" and "now" pictures...and smelling champagne? That's not a trick I've ever heard before ;). Hey, it's worked for a long, long, time, huh?
Post a Comment