Monday, October 08, 2007

Fun Monday - Neighbourhood

Pamela over at the Dust Will Wait is hosting this weeks Fun Monday, this is the task she set for us.


I want to see what you see on any given morning this week; from somewhere very near where you live. Front porch, back porch, down the street, around the corner. Just makes sure it's your neighborhood. Post a photo that will send me to the travel agent to book a weekend at your local Bed & Breakfast.Post your October View on Monday, October 8 .Write a little or write a lot.

This is the first thing I see when I open my back door, obviously my back garden!

Turn right and you will see two of my lovely neighbours, Marion stood on her step talking to her neighbour Audrey, both wonderful ladies.
So off we go turning left out of my door, round the corner and onto the fields where I walk my dog Mr Milo, from here I can see Sheffield Wednesday's ground, Owlerton Stadium and the Ski Slope, pictures to follow!

Right now we are off to the bottom of the street and we see Sheffield Wednesday 'the Owls' Football ground, when they are playing at home I can hear the crowd singing, wonderful sound!
Further on down the road from the Owls we have Owlerton Stadium, Greyhound Race Track also used for Stock Car Racing, Motorbike Racing and Big Truck Displays.Heading back home we can visit Sheffield Ski Village, dry snow slope, no never been sking, I am too clumsy would surely hurt myself!



Now, are you keeping up with me?! Just before I turn into my street we have Sheffield United's, 'The Blades' Academy, this is where they do their football training.
So that's what I see most days when I am out and about, shame I don't like football, dog racing or sking really. Right off you go now I am shuting my door, go on go and have a look at what all the others see in their neighbourhood, bye then! Have fun!

Go on it's dark now and you won't be able to find your way back home!

58 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who turned off the lights!

Jay said...

That was great. Love the view from the fields where you walk Mr. Milo!

Anonymous said...

What a cool garden. Improving our landscaping was on the list for this summer.

I still have the list.

Did you tell your neighbors they were going to be famous?

Thanks for sharing!

DJ Kirkby said...

Your garden is lovely! Chopper wants to know where your grass?! That ski slope looks cool!

Pamela said...

Haaalooo Marian & Audrey!!!!

nice garden. I didn't realize you had a green thumb.

Yup... I'm coming to your nearest B&B. I can't think of anything finer than that nice walk with you & Mr. Milo

Anonymous said...

Love the backyard and the view, but like you, I'm not all that fussed on football, dog racing or skiing.

Chris King said...

If I look out my kitchen window now I can see a train stooped on the line. If I wave no-one waves back!? We have names for the trains so we can guess which one is coming next (I know I need to get out more). One of them is the Trans-Pennine Express, #3 son can't get his lips around that and calls it the Panty-Line Express!!

Hootin Anni said...

Ya, me too. I'm a klutz. Went skiing ONCE--broke 3 ribs and now I go skiing just to drink hot toddies in the lodge. rofl

Beautiful neighborhood.

Molly said...

You have given a very thorough tour of Sheffield, thank you. You do have a lovely garden.

Anonymous said...

The view around the corner is awesome! I like the garden also!

Anonymous said...

Ha! Love the nighttime shot.

Sayre said...

Love your garden... a bit unusual for an "english" garden though, isn't it? Do other people in your area have the same type of garden?

Thanks for the tour - the field is lovely but does it get noisy with all those athletic fields nearby?

katy said...

swampy - lol

jay - come for a walk anytime.

blue mooam - gosh they would die if they knew lol

dj - dont do grass, mowing would be just another chore!

pameal - i don't, i just plant and hope for the best!

Peter said...

It's a bit like living near the beach.... it's OK except for the sand and salt water.

katy said...

willowtree - thank you, in truth i hate all sports!

chopski - love the sound of rains, and the trans pennie express comes here me thinks!

hootin anni - at least you tried!

mjd - i do me best, not really i just pot and hope lol

katy said...

gawilli - the view is great and at night time it is like seeing fairy lights at christmas

jenny - thats what happens if you hang about and it gets dark lol

sayre - all gardens are different, i just dont like having to cut the grass! although the places are closish it is not noisey at all, you can hear more if on the field

katy said...

peter - lol so true!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of dry skiing. The last time I went skiing (2/06), I shredded the ACL in my right knee. I still love the idea of skiing but I think I'll snuggle in the lodge by the fire place with cocoa.

Anonymous said...

Love your garden. Thanks for the tour, very thorough!

Sandy said...

Beautiful backyard! Thanks for sharing.

Beckie said...

That was a wonderful tour - thank you! I need to get on home....it's dark!

Karina said...

Wow, you really gave us a full tour of your neighborhood! Thanks! ;-) I love your backyard.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool, it is just like on TV. I have friends in London, who are visiting from here; it is their 2nd day there. I love looking at houses and home and what others see. I guess that is why almost all my cross stitches are of houses.

Anonymous said...

Did you ask your neighbors to pose? Love the views from Sheffield & think Mr. Milo has a great field to do his business in...

Beccy said...

Sounds and looks like you live in a great neighbourhood.

Michael Colvin said...

That was great! Thanks for that, I love to see where everyone lives.

Kell said...

What a lovely place! I love your garden, it looks like a wonderful place to just sit and rest a spell.

Anonymous said...

What a sporty little town. Seeing as you're not really a fan that must drive you crazy!!Mr. Milo's face reminds me of my dog.

bichonpawz said...

Fabulous Garden!! You did a much better job than I did on photographing your whole neighborhood!

Kahless said...

Looks like your garden is quite maintenance free - do you want to come over and sort mine out?

btw your blog cant be accessed via your profile - it doesnt appear.

FOUR DINNERS said...

Now what was it Cappy called Sheffield?....

oh. I'd better shut up now....

Love yer garden.

Back up next summer. You joinin' me n Cappy for a few then?

Anonymous said...

There sure is a lot to see and do in your neighborhood!

Anonymous said...

Your garden makes me think of a peaceful Japanese Zen Garden. I quite like it.

Thanks for taking us around your neighborhood.

Distant Timbers Echo said...

Hey! Dog racing! I'm in.

Amanda said...

Hey, I wanna go to the ski village!! Thanks for sharing!!

ChrisB said...

Wow did you have one of those TV garden makeovers, I always fancied one! I can give the footie a miss, but I'll walk Milo any day (btw a friend of mine has a dog called Milo.

Kila said...

That third photo is a lovely view.

No skiing or football for me, either. Someone has to be the spectator!

Kaytabug said...

Nice view! Love your Garden!! No skiing or football (soccer) or dog racing for me. Now American football thats a different story!!
I loved the trip around your neighborhood!

my4kids said...

Great tour of your hometown! I like the feild as well you can see very far!

Junebug said...

Hi there,
I have a football field about 1 mile from our house and we can hear the cheering on Friday nights as well, but the game is American football, misnamed right? :))) You might check my blog again, I posted some more pictures after I returned from the dentist.
Thanks!

Betty said...

Great photos! I love your garden.

theotherbear said...

Great garden!
That skiing also looks kinda fun :)

Anonymous said...

That is a very pretty backyard and the view is amazing.

Now I want to come visit!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful backyard you have.

We have dog races here in Arizona the snow birds love to go to, so it's only opened this time of year. As for the skiing, I love to ski, so I'd give it a run!
Thanks for the tour of your town, I'd book a B&B there.
Happy Fun Monday!

captain corky said...

Great pics! How much are beers at the Dog track? I love to gamble and drink. Two great tastes that taste great together.

~grey said...

what a wonderful tour!!!
thank you.

Absolutely love your blog!

Casdok said...

Yes thank you for the tour, lovely

Heidi the Hick said...

what a great neighbourhood you live in! It looks like it's recovering from all that flood damage earlier this year. Your back garden is gorgeous. Thanks for showing off for us!

Biddie said...

YOur garden is beautiful. If mine looked like that, I would never leave it!

Amy W said...

Love the views!!

katy said...

group comment - thank you all for dropping by, no my neighbours have no idea that they are on the internet lol, i dont like gardening so had it all paved and just plant pots, water and hope they live lol.

Tiggerlane said...

Your back yard looks like something out of a magazine - just beautiful! I love it!

Alix said...

Fabulous garden

Jenni said...

Lovely view from the field!

Do most people walk a lot there? When we visited Scotland, we were surprised by how people seemed to walk *everywhere* and we got in on the walking, too. I think Americans are in too much of a hurry or something. Then again, it would be hard for me to walk to get to many of the places I go since we live in the country now.

I loved the pic of your neighbors, too. Good, friendly neighbors are a blessing to have. I like the little red doors in that pic, too.

Lady in red said...

thanx for the tour....and yes please someone can I have a garden like that mine is currently full ov overgrown grass, nettles and brambles.

alisonwonderland said...

great tour! i love your back garden!

kitten said...

I'm with everyone else, love the back garden. You wanna come and landscape my yard?

Aunt Jackie said...

Wonderful pics!!! Kudos!